PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rise and Shine???

Somethings in life are a truly pleasant surprise.  That is just the case with the billeting we were blessed with in the Orient.  Upon waking up after that late night arrival, I looked out the window and saw trees and doves.  I have no idea what time it was, but seeing sunlight streaming in through the cracks of the curtains was enough to pull me out of bed due to sheer curiosity.  The beds were high, and my feet didn't touch the floor when I swung my legs out from underneath the covers.

Finally, looking around at my surroundings, I saw where I was.  Sliding down off the side of the bed, I walked to the window and peered out.  Gardeners were pruning plants.  Looking down, I vaguely remember climbing stairs the night before.  Continuing to look out side, I marveled at my new home.  It was beautiful, and oh so green!  Flowers, trees, grass, bushes...  Doves.  Their gentle cooing brought a sense of well being to my jet lagged brain.

Turning back to the room, I saw that it was actually a well appointed room.  A comfortable bed, real furniture, plenty of closet space, and it was OURS!!  My Angel, as sweet as she may be, was not in our room!  My engineer was still asleep when I crept out of our room and closed the door.

Nutmeg was there, waiting for me under the side table in the living room.  Poor thing.  She was definitely holding a grudge...and I didn't blame her one bit.  Stooping to pet her, while she didn't purr, she didn't bite me either.  Knowing that it was going to take some time to earn her trust back, I let her be.  Honestly, if I could have the luxury that she had to hold a grudge and stay in a spot where no one would bother me, I think I would have done the same thing.  That move, half way around the world, was a trip straight out of hell.

While the living room wasn't lavish, it was comfortable and clean.  Yes, the floor was more comfortable than the couch or chairs.  The one thing that stood out to me was the absolute lack of cultural identity of where we were now located.  No pictures.  Not a hint.  Honestly, it could have been a hotel room in the MidWest.  Finding the nondescript decor a bit unnerving, I opened the heavy curtains wide and beckoned my new home in.

Naturally, my Angel started stirring and making her presence known.  Back down the very neutral hall, I found that her room wasn't that bad.  Of course, I couldn't convince her of that at that moment.  As soon as I lifted her out of her crib, she was off!  Running down the hall, I quickly discovered that the door between the hallway and the main living area was going to be my best friend.  I have to tell you that door stayed closed ALL THE TIME!!!  Upon the discovery of the bathroom, my Angel vehemently decided that was where she belonged.  I, on the other hand, did not agree.  As you can guess, our discussions concerning the bathroom were numerous.

By the time my engineer surfaced, I was BEYOND ready to go back to bed.  Though it was after 10am local time, my body felt like it belonged in a different place.  While I tried hard to adjust, every single fiber in my body rebelled.  Chasing our little one brought me to a breaking point.  Swapping the wee one with him, I headed to that comfortable bed that I had so enjoyed the night before....praying that I would....EVENTUALLY....be functioning on the right clock some time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Designer Blogs